Todd Cravens, President and CEO of Galaxy Gaming: Guardian of the Galaxy
Guardian of the Galaxy
Todd Cravens is the current President and CEO of Galaxy Gaming. He has nearly 30 years of experience, including executive positions at TCS John Huxley, American Gaming Systems (AGS), and Betson Enterprises. Galaxy Gaming is the industry’s most customer-centric partner. They are omnichannel table game experts delivering innovative games and technologies proven to perform.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- Recent developments at Galaxy Gaming and impacts of the pandemic on the company (9:00)
- Discussing the Mayfair and other luxury casinos in Europe (11:00)
- Advantages of the gaming industry in the UK and Galaxy using it as a laboratory for games (13:00)
- How Galaxy adjusts its games to the US market (14:00)
- Impacts of the US lifting IP restrictions on table games (18:00)
- The importance of branding in iGaming (20:00)
- Differences between the UK and the US in iGaming (22:00)
- The emergence of online players filming themselves while iGaming (23:00)
- Forecasting the continued growth of iGaming when states see success elsewhere within the US (25:00)
- “States will see more and more taxes collected from iGaming and want a piece of it” (26:00)
- Galaxy expanding licensing content of electronic table games (ETGs) (26:00)
- The importance and longevity of titles in iGaming (28:00)
- Galaxy’s positioning as an underdog against larger companies and how it manages to compete (29:00)
- Industry roadblocks toward start-ups and innovations (30:00)
- “This place is a career accelerant. If you do three to five years here, it’s like ten years at a larger company” (31:00)
- Important angles small companies can use to compete against larger ones (32:00)
- New developments in Galaxy Gaming and optimism in future growth and innovations (35:00)
- Revenue comparisons between land-based and iGaming for Galaxy (39:00)
- Gambling stories (40:00)
“States will see more and more taxes collected from iGaming and want a piece of it”— Todd Cravens
“This place is a career accelerant. If you do three to five years here, it’s like ten years at a larger company”— Todd Cravens
More about Galaxy Gaming
Galaxy Gaming’s mission is to enhance its clients’ casino gaming operations and improve profitability, productivity, and security while offering their players popular cutting-edge gaming entertainment content and technology. Patents, trademarks, and copyrights protect casino table game concepts and the intellectual property of these games. You will find their games in casinos in North America, the Caribbean, the British Isles, Europe, and Africa, as well as on cruise ships and iGaming sites worldwide. They have an installed base of their products on over 6,000 gaming tables in over 600 casinos, which positions them as the largest independent provider of proprietary casino table games worldwide.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Eilers & Krejcik GamingA Boutique Research Firm focused on servicing the gaming equipment, sports, and interactive gaming sectors within the global gaming industry https://ekgamingllc.com/
Acres ManufacturingFoundation™ lets your slot machines connect to any app. With real-time data, loyalty and cashless transactions in a single mobile interface, the game has been changed.https://acresmanufacturing.com/