Tim Minard, CEO of Eclipse Gaming Systems: Pushing Coins
With more than 28 years of global expertise in business leadership and innovation, Timothy J. Minard has a proven track record for scaling high-growth, technology-driven ventures and achieving fundamental business milestones. Minard is the CEO of Eclipse Gaming Systems, a leading global manufacturer, designer, developer, and marketer of interactive gaming equipment, systems, and terminals. Minard is also the Founder of Sports Challenge Network (SCN). A serial entrepreneur and technology visionary, he founded SCN as an integrated technology platform to increase participation in sports.
Eclipse Gaming creates entertaining and memorable gaming experiences that connect with the player. With a focus on the Native American gaming market and select commercial and international gaming markets, they develop top-performing games and innovative solutions that engage the audience and deliver measurable results for our casino, social and casual gaming partners.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- The growth of Max Bet Media and learning experiences (10:00)
- Tim’s background as a tennis instructor and transitioning into an entrepreneurial career (13:00)
- Early challenges and the importance of staying resilient (16:00)
- Landing his first major client selling Intergraph computer software and early career success (19:00)
- Finding an exit strategy from his successful business and moving into the employer services business (25:00)
- “Helping others in life and in business is important to me” (27:00)
- New and exciting career opportunities in gaming for a company called Cadillac Jack (27:00)
- Building on his career in gaming and figuring out his niche (29:00)
- “You don’t build a business to sell it. You build a successful business” (32:00)
- Focusing on culture and results in business rather than strictly money (34:00)
- The success of quarter pusher games and how Eclipse is developing its version of the game (36:00)
- What Tim loves about the gaming industry (40:00)
- The balance of providing players information they may be interested in and avoiding spam (42:00)
- How Eclipse is strategizing a move into the digital space (44:00)
- Tim’s experiences in the Bowling industry and developing arcade-style games (46:00)
- Creating his own culture at Eclipse and the importance of sticking to core values (51:00)
- “All it takes is everything you’ve got” (56:00)
- Tim’s optimism about the potential of Eclipse moving forward (56:00)
- Gambling stories (58:00)
“Helping others in life and in business is important to me”— Tim Minard
“You don’t build a business to sell it. You build a successful business”— Tim Minard
More about Timothy Minard
An established business leader, Minard has an award-winning background with many honors. Minard was selected as one of three Business Persons of the Year by the Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce and recognized as one of the top Atlanta Technology Persons to know. In addition, Minard was recognized by the worldwide bowling industry as BCM’s “Businessman of the Year,” one of the top 20 technology executives in Atlanta, GA, and top 40 executives in Milwaukee, WI.
Minard is active in the Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce and Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Metro Atlanta First Tee Organization. He is also on the Board of Directors of the BVL, a 77-year-old charity that is brightening Veterans’ lives. He is also on the International Museum and Bowling Hall of Fame Board of Trustees. Minard is an advisor for Tribal Planet. In addition, Minard is an honorary member of the Board of directors for the Make A Wish Foundation of Georgia. He served as an Executive Volunteer Committee member for the 2013 NCAA Final Four and US Olympic Committee and is a big fan of the Tour Championship by Coca-Cola. Minard is an active philanthropist with many charitable initiatives such as the East Lake Foundation, as well as charities that focus on children, Alzheimer’s, women empowerment, education, and brightening Veteran’s lives.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.