Noah Acres, Chief Operating Officer of Acres Manufacturing
The role of Foundation in modern gaming
Acres Manufacturing is a Las Vegas based company founded by Noah’s father John Acres, a pioneer of casino systems technology. After several successful businesses under the Acres name, Acres 4.0 is focused on leveraging mobile technologies, cloud computing and A.I. to create more powerful implementations of these concepts in casinos.
In this episode, Noah Acres discusses the company’s newest gaming innovation Foundation. Foundation is designed to reinvigorate the gaming industry using real-time data, an adaptable credit meter on any game and bonuses deployable to each player’s mobile device to optimize the overall customer experience.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- Noah’s family background and joining his father’s company after his own early business success
- Casinos being more open to new technologies after COVID-19
- Big questions in gaming: where do you store your data? How can you change the customer experience?
- High cost of entry for gaming technology and strict regulations
- Kai and its challenges
- Benefits of Foundation: getting data in real time
- The process of Slot Accounting System (SAS) sharing, which is the interplay between slot machines and host systems
- Additional abilities for casinos to interface with games and customers
- Foundation now being live in three Penn National Casinos with positive results
- The downsides of outdated legacy hardware
- The reliance of other analytics products on legacy systems
- “We don’t consider ourselves competitors with the legacy systems. We want to work with them.”
- Video poker analytics
- Foundation’s ultimate goal of centralizing data for multiple apps to build on
- Foundation’s potential to be a facilitator of good ideas for all
- “We want to provide a platform that anybody can create for.”
- Comparisons of Foundation to the adaptability of Salesforce
- The importance of enhancing player experience
- What excites Noah about the gaming industry
- Downsides of poker
- What’s next for Acres
- The Acres Wallet: Incorporates gaming-specific elements such as cash, free play, points, drawing entries and more
- Landon’s insights to enhance customer experience
- Noah’s experiences with sports betting
“We don’t consider ourselves competitors with the legacy systems. We want to work with them.”
“We want to provide a platform that anybody can create for.”
Noah Acres has over twenty years of experience working in casinos, including overseas in Macau. He joined his father John Acres in 2013 to develop his newest business venture Acres 4.0.
About Acres Manufacturing
Acres Manufacturing Company is a leading casino loyalty and technology expert and the creator of Foundation, the first-of-its-kind casino management system. Foundation provides casinos with real-time data from slot machines and a direct interface to the credit meter on any slot machine. Acres Manufacturing was founded by John Acres, the inventor of casino systems technology.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Eilers & Krejcik GamingA Boutique Research Firm focused on servicing the gaming equipment, sports, and interactive gaming sectors within the global gaming industry https://ekgamingllc.com/
Acres ManufacturingFoundation™ lets your slot machines connect to any app. With real-time data, loyalty and cashless transactions in a single mobile interface, the game has been changed.https://acresmanufacturing.com/