Kiran Brahmandam, CEO of Gaming Analytics: Increased Profits with Casino A.I.
Increased Profits with Casino A.I.
Kiran Brahmandam is the Founder and CEO of Gaming Analytics.ai, the industry’s first self-learning AI platform, which allows business users to access and analyze data in seconds. He holds fifteen patents and has developed products that have received 35 technology awards in the gaming industry. Before founding Gaming Analytics, he was a VP of Systems Software Development at Scientific Games and a Software Engineer at Ericsson, where he helped develop the first video streaming technology between a PC and a mobile device.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- Kiran’s skills as a ping-pong and cricket player (10:00)
- Academic background in computer science and early career experiences in the health care industry (12:00)
- Transitioning from health care into the Telecom industry with Ericsson (13:00)
- Being part of the team at Ericsson that developed the technology behind streaming videos (14:00)
- Joining Bally (now Scientific Games) in Las Vegas and early innovations in the systems department (15:00)
- Being promoted as manager and developing his own engineering team (19:00)
- Quitting his job and taking a career hiatus to spend time with his family in India (22:00)
- The process of returning to the US and initiating his first startup company (24:00)
- Challenges in developing phone apps and how Kiran was able to learn from early failures (25:00)
- The origins of his current company Gaming Analytics (26:00)
- Bringing the simplicity of apps into the business world (30:00)
- “What we see with our product is that you’re able to create time. Once you create time, you have more bandwidth to think of new things” (31:00)
- How improving the business user’s experience improves the player experience (32:00)
- The level of detail about games and users that machine learning products can uncover (34:00)
- Discussing the different markets that the company is currently operating in throughout North America and whether there have been any surprises (36:00)
- How the pandemic affects data analytics for the company and impacts the industry (38:00)
- Discussing how player value is analyzed using the product (42:00)
- Whether there are limits to the casino or if the product expands to hotels and other areas (44:00)
- Biggest challenges as a startup and learning experiences (46:00)
- “If you have the right set of people, you can solve it” (46:00)
- Gambling stories (55:00)
“What we see with our product is that you’re able to create time. Once you create time, you have more bandwidth to think of new things”— Kiran Brahmandam
“If you have the right set of people, you can solve it”— Kiran Brahmandam
About Kiran Brahmandam
CEO of Gaming Analytics, Kiran is an 18-year veteran in the gaming industry. While spearheading innovation and systems R&D in the brick-and-mortar sector, his products generated over 1B in revenue.
In 2017, he founded Gaming Analytics — his mission — improve the casino floor and maximize profits by using artificial intelligence.
About Gaming Analytics
Gaming Analytics, Inc. is a leader in artificial intelligence for the gaming industry, providing the simplicity of a search engine with the power of machine learning. The company was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.