Kevin Sweet, Founder and CEO of Dulce Hospitality (Former VP of Slot Operations and Marketing for Cosmopolitan Las Vegas): Employee of the Month
Social Media Influencers in Gaming
Kevin Sweet has over 15 years of luxury gaming experience from the Las Vegas Strip, South Florida, Macau and Singapore. He spent the last 7 years as the Vice President of Slot Marketing and Operations at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas-taking slot net win from 62 million dollars in 2014 to 234 million dollars in 2021. He’s currently the Founder and CEO of Dulce Hospitality.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a luxury resort and casino offering a decidedly different perspective from its commitment to integrating art into every experience to a world-renowned Restaurant Collection and distinct entertainment venues. Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, its unique vertical multi-tower design offers spectacular views of the city.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- The gaming industry bounce back in Las Vegas from the pandemic (8:00)
- Contributing factors to the recovery of the gaming industry (9:00)
- Demographic shifts to new and younger players in the casinos (11:00)
- Cosmopolitan’s push to attract social media influencers to the casino and the positive aspects (13:00)
- “The YouTube, streaming and influencer trends are only going to get bigger” (13:00)
- “Social media influencers move the needle are almost like having a free host and free marketing publicity” (14:00)
- After effects of influencers filming content in the casino (14:00)
- Updated rules and regulations for filming certain games (17:00)
- Utilizing social media influencers as an important way to connect brick and mortar casinos to the increasingly digital space of gaming (18:00)
- Other methods that Cosmopolitan has used to achieve success in the gaming industry (21:00)
- How Cosmopolitan has been able to lease out such a high amount of its floor space compared to other casinos (23:00)
- The importance of being adaptive in maintaining a fresh feeling for customers entering the casino (25:00)
- The increase of gaming in the digital space and additional states legalizing online gaming (26:00)
- Downsides of having to wait for each American state to legalize online gaming rather than being able to legalize on a national level (27:00)
- Tribal ownership groups entering the Las Vegas market (28:00)
- Discussing traditional advertising such as billboards compared to the digital space of influencers (31:00)
- Stock market hits and misses (32:00)
- Developing a high quality food hall at Cosmopolitan and the decrease in traditional buffets (35:00)
- Discussing social media trends in casinos (38:00)
“The YouTube, streaming and influencer trends are only going to get bigger”— Kevin Sweet
“Social media influencers move the needle are almost like having a free host and free marketing publicity”— Kevin Sweet
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Eilers & Krejcik GamingA Boutique Research Firm focused on servicing the gaming equipment, sports, and interactive gaming sectors within the global gaming industry https://ekgamingllc.com/
Gaming AnalyticsThe most innovative casino analytics platform ever!http://gaminganalytics.ai