Jeremy Stein, CEO of Exacta Systems: Win Place Show
A deep dive into the world of Historical Horse Racing (HHR)
Jeremy Stein is the Cuban-born CEO and President of Exacta Systems, a position he’s held since 2015. He has over 25 years of experience in the gaming industry in a variety of leadership roles and was an early investor in Historical Horse Racing (HHR).
Exacta Systems was founded in 2012 and is the leading provider of systems and games to the Historical Horse Racing industry. The company was listed in Casino Journal’s Top 20 Most Innovative Gaming Technology Products Awards for 2020. They are based in Florida and have additional offices in Texas and Virginia.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- Early career background in Florida and bringing Caribbean Stud Poker to Australia working with Progressive Games 13:00
- Founding IntuiCode Gaming Corporation in the early 2000’s 15:00
- Jeremy’s foray into Historical Horse Racing (HHR) 19:00
- “It was one of those overnight success stories that took twenty years to get to” 22:00
- Expanding HHR from what was initially a limited market 23:00
- “The important part about HHR is that it was a shot in the arm for the racing industry” 24:00
- The mechanics of HHR machines 28:00
- Partnering with Equibase for implementing historical horse racing data into machines 30:00
- Industry milestones in 2018 such as Churchill becoming involved 33:00
- Continued growth in the market with more best-of-breed products becoming involved in the HHR industry 34:00
- Using IntuiCode and Exacta games to build the market and eventually partner with American Gaming Association (AGS) 35:00
- Possibilities of scaling up into the online space 38:00
- What’s next for Jeremy and his optimism about the future for HHR 41:00
- HHR not being a house backed game but rather by the players 44:00
- Discussing how jackpots are distributed and how the pools are accumulated 47:00
- The biggest challenges for HHR going forward 48:00
- What Jeremy is most excited about in the gaming industry outside of HHR 50:00
- Jeremy’s Cuban background and moving to the US as a young child to South Florida 52:00
- Gambling stories 55:00
“It was one of those overnight success stories that took twenty years to get to”— Jeremy Stein
“The important part about HHR is that it was a shot in the arm for the racing industry”— Jeremy Stein
More About Exacta Systems
Exacta Systems was founded in 2012 to answer a growing market need: fresh, innovative thinking and product development in the exciting new entertainment business known as Historical Horse Racing (what Exacta calls “Racing-Based Gaming”). They are investing in the future of horse racing by bringing to market an unprecedented line of electronic games capable of delivering a great player experience and a welcome business uplift for racing – millions of dollars of documented direct revenue benefits for authorizing states, track operators, horse owners, trainers, breeders and other vital industry stakeholders.
The Exacta line of pari-mutuel horse racing game terminals already features dozens of titles performing on a robust system platform that utilizes authorized, previously conducted racing events to create a truly unique and compelling entertainment experience for the customer. While the games themselves represent a new era in player-friendly horse racing product, Exacta System’s HHR architecture enables creative game design by third-party developers; customized player tracking and marketing for operators; and the kind of comprehensive monitoring, controls and reporting that regulatory agencies need to see.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Eilers & Krejcik GamingA Boutique Research Firm focused on servicing the gaming equipment, sports, and interactive gaming sectors within the global gaming industry https://ekgamingllc.com/
Acres ManufacturingFoundation™ lets your slot machines connect to any app. With real-time data, loyalty and cashless transactions in a single mobile interface, the game has been changed.https://acresmanufacturing.com/