Brooks Pierce, President and Chief Operating Officer at Inspired Entertainment: Inspired
The Rise of Virtual Sports Gaming
Brooks Pierce is an experienced Chief Executive Officer with a long history of working in gambling and casinos. Before becoming President and COO at Inspired Entertainment in 2018, he was the CEO at BHP Consulting Group in Delaware and a longtime employee of Scientific Games. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Delaware and graduated from the Senior Executive Program at Columbia Business School.
Inspired Entertainment is a prominent gaming provider with more than 50,000 machines in betting shops, pubs, gaming halls, and other route operations. The products provide a winning combination of innovative technology, hardware, content, and services.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- Brooks’s favorite episodes of the Maxbet podcast (5:00)
- How he entered the gaming industry and being raised around the Del Mar racetrack (6:00)
- The origins of Scientific Games in the racing industry and early career experiences (9:00)
- Connections with his father in the gaming industry (12:00)
- “Find a business that’s growing and latch onto it.” (13:00)
- Transitioning from Scientific Games to Inspired Entertainment after working at Aristocrat for a short time (14:00)
- What motivated him to join Inspired and the prevalence of the company outside of the U.S. (17:00)
- The role of virtual sports and sports betting at Inspired (19:00)
- A breakdown of how virtual sports betting works, which is based on randomized outcomes rather than actual live sports (20:00)
- How Inspired Entertainment educates newcomers to the market on how virtual sports betting works (23:00)
- Abilities to use virtual sports betting to create matchups of historical versus modern athletes (25:00)
- How virtual sports betting is classified based on different jurisdictions in the U.S. (27:00)
- The relationship between virtual sports betting and brick-and mortar-casinos (28:00)
- Possibilities of linking e-sports into Inspired Entertainment’s future plans (30:00)
- What role leisure arcade gaming plays in the company and pandemic hardships (32:00)
- Whether Brooks has seen a rise in virtual sports betting in iGaming during the pandemic (35:00)
- Brooks’s favorite European destinations for recreation (38:00)
- How virtual reality and the gaming industry can merge (41:00)
- The prevalence of Inspired machines throughout Europe, which number over 50,000 (42:00)
- What markets the company focuses on (45:00)
- What Brooks is the most excited about with virtual sports betting (47:00)
- “Everybody is against things like sports betting until they aren’t. Now it’s the absolute rage for most companies in the gaming space. These things fall like dominos, and virtual gaming is next.” (49:00)
- The impacts of new technologies on brick-and-mortar casinos (50:00)
- Gambling stories (51:00)
“Find a business that’s growing and latch onto it.”— Brooks Pierce
“Everybody is against things like sports betting until they aren’t. Now it’s the absolute rage for most companies in the gaming space. These things fall like dominos, and virtual gaming is next.”— Brooks Pierce
More about Inspired Entertainment
Inspired offers an expanding portfolio of content, technology, hardware, and services for regulated gaming, betting, lottery, social, and leisure operators across land-based and mobile channels worldwide. Inspired’s gaming, virtual sports, interactive and leisure products appeal to a wide variety of players, creating new opportunities for operators to grow their revenue. Inspired operates in approximately 35 jurisdictions worldwide, supplying gaming systems with associated terminals and content for approximately 50,000 gaming machines located in betting shops, pubs, gaming halls, and other route operations. It also operates virtual sports products through more than 32,000 retail venues and various online websites; digital games for 170+ websites; and a variety of amusement entertainment solutions with a total installed base of more than 16,000 gaming terminals.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Eilers & Krejcik GamingA Boutique Research Firm focused on servicing the gaming equipment, sports, and interactive gaming sectors within the global gaming industry https://ekgamingllc.com/
Gaming AnalyticsThe most innovative casino analytics platform ever!http://gaminganalytics.ai