Andrew Crowe, SVP of Business Development from Sightline Payments: Going Cashless
In this episode, co-hosts from MaxBet Media, Mike McKiski, and Landon Michael Jones, explore cashless gaming with Andrew Crowe, SVP of Business Development from Sightline Payments.
Key points discussed in this episode include:
- Andrew’s always focused on emerging markets; he has been in payments for gaming for 12 years.
- Gaming and banking are highly regulated
- It’s not about selling, it’s about educating; dispelling myths
- How payments work — responsible gaming — controls based on data
- Cash anonymous play is being digitalized
- Is cashless more responsible?
- How do you balance between commercializing aspirations and policy surrounding responsible gaming?
- How cashless transactions allow for improved responsible gaming compared to cash.
- How Play+ works
- Play+ is embedded in the operators’ app
- KYC or know your customers is validated with Play+
- PayPal and Trustly
- The status of crypto and integrating into Play+
- CMS or Konami is integrated for Resorts World
- The anonymous cash player is not the likely player
- Some players prefer cash, maybe due to being superstitious or not wanting to be tracked
- Any POS accepting debit cards — functions with Play+ — or ApplePay or Google Pay
- With Play+, Resorts World allows for a 360° cashless experience, including slots and tables
- When customer experience is improved it increases loyalty
- How does marketing work for Play+ to the user?
- Joingo was acquired by Sightline — the team and the technology
- Sightline is live in 39 states and 70 programs, 5B in processing annually, and 1.5M users
- Play+ features consumer protection
“You can have the best marketing, the best app, and the best payouts, but if a player cannot fund the account, you’re dead in the water. Payments are the lifeblood of the industry”
“Not only should it be easy to move money in, but it is also equally important to how a player can get money out.”
About Sightline Payments
Sightline Payments is the U.S. sports betting and casino gaming market’s leading digital payments provider and mobile app developer. Sightline leverages cutting-edge technology to apply modern solutions to a traditionally cash-based industry projected to grow to more than $150 billion in the next few years.
Sightline’s award-winning suite of mobile solutions gives consumers a safe, secure, and responsible way to fund their online and in-person gaming activities and enables casinos to offer cashless wagering and personalized loyalty options across the entire property.
With more than 1.5 million Play+ accounts, 3 million mobile loyalty platform downloads, and 70+ partners across the sports betting, lottery, racing, and online and brick-and-mortar casino markets, Sightline is uniquely positioned to transform the traditional gaming landscape.
Sightline is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Established in 2009 with the vision that mobile marketing will be the future of the casino gaming industry, Joingo’s founders understood that traditional means of casino marketing, such as direct mail and email, were not the right mediums to fully engage patrons with both an interactive and personalized experience. From our offices in Las Vegas and San Jose, Joingo built a leading-edge mobile engagement platform with patented technology to target players’ mobile devices using the latest in applications, location-based marketing, gamification, and integration services.
About Andrew Crowe
Andrew Crowe is the SVP of Business Development for Sightline Payments, with over 30 years of global payments experience including card issuing, merchant acquiring, and processing solutions for the regulated gaming and lottery industries.
Previously, he served as VP of Market Development for Worldpay Gaming, building out new market verticals, with an emphasis on the North American Lottery industry. Prior to this, he was VP of Payments and iLottery Business Development for IGT Global Solutions, where he launched the US lottery industry’s first integrated player card prepaid program and established and managed payment processing for the first internet lottery sales platforms in the US. Before joining IGT, Andrew held various product strategy and management positions across such industry leaders as Mastercard and JPMorgan Chase.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Mike McKiski
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward. As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.
About Landon Jones
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution. Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Eilers & Krejcik GamingA Boutique Research Firm focused on servicing the gaming equipment, sports, and interactive gaming sectors within the global gaming industry https://ekgamingllc.com/
Gaming AnalyticsThe most innovative casino analytics platform ever!http://gaminganalytics.ai