Aaron Gomes, COO of Peninsula Pacific Entertainment: Mobs and Horses
A Life in Gaming
Aaron Gomes is a COO at Peninsula Pacific Entertainment. Aaron previously worked at Gomes Gaming as a CEO, was Managing Director of Jupiter Gold Coast, and CEO of Resorts Casino Hotel. He attended the University of Pennsylvania and Drexel University.
Peninsula Pacific Entertainment (P2E) operates premium gaming venues focusing on outstanding service and exceptional quality. Founded in 1999 by Brent Stevens, the company combines more than 20 years in the industry with its high-level managerial experience and investment expertise to pursue new development opportunities nationwide.
This episode discusses the following topics:
- General overview of P2E and Aaron joining the company in 2014 (11:00)
- How Aaron entered the gaming industry and his family connections to the industry (14:00)
- Las Vegas mob stories from his father’s career with the Nevada Gaming Control Board in the 1970s (15:00)
- “Growing up between Las Vegas and Atlantic City, there wasn’t much of a question which industry I would end up in” (18:00)
- Early career experiences in the gaming industry and what he specializes in (19:00)
- Meeting titans in the industry as a child and lessons he learned from them (21:00)
- Most memorable promotional ideas from his marketing background (23:00)
- The rise of sports betting and how P2E positions itself in the industry (26:00)
- Competition of online sports betting with brick-and-mortar casinos (30:00)
- Background of Historical Horse Racing (HHR) and its recent growth (31:00)
- The reasoning behind HHR’s recent growth and how the money is used to support the horse racing industry in general (35:00)
- Forecasting the promising future of HHR (37:00)
- The financial struggles of horse racing tracks and the growth of HHR reinvigorating the industry (38:00)
- What Aaron is excited about in the gaming industry in general (41:00)
- How many slots machines P2E is operating across all states the company is in (45:00)
- Gambling stories (45:00)
“Growing up between Las Vegas and Atlantic City, there wasn’t much of a question which industry I would end up in”— Aaron Gomes
More about P2E
P2E is a private holding company that builds meaningful businesses in partnership with cities, other organizations, and financial experts. This is accomplished by developing and acquiring controlling interests in and actively managing gaming properties that will yield superior return on investment while creating long-term value for our shareholders. In addition, they aim to invest in communities where we can build long-term sustainability and economic development opportunities.
Using this framework, the P2E team has partnered with communities to create value across the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, with offices in Los Angeles, California, Ketchum, Idaho, La Motte, Iowa, they currently operate facilities in Iowa, New York, and Virginia. In addition, they are always looking for additional investment and development opportunities in gaming.
About MaxBet Media
Two gambling enthusiasts, with a passion for all things gambling. Whether pressing our luck in the high limit room, testing the money line in the sportsbook, or just making friendly wagers on the back nine… we love to gamble! Our careers in the gaming industry have shown us that this industry is filled with some amazing people, with even more amazing stories. Our goal is to help provide a platform for those stories to be shared, while also helping everyone look good in the process.
About Landon Michael Jones
Manager and Co-Founder
Landon’s fascination with the casino industry began when he was just 12 years old and ultimately landed him in Las Vegas, where he earned a degree in hospitality management from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV). For over a decade, Landon has been involved in various aspects of the gaming industry, including operations, management, and supply & distribution.
Landon’s tenacity and passion afforded him the opportunity to serve the gaming industry’s key players and regions throughout the United States. Landon enjoys collaborating with industry leaders to create the ultimate gaming experience for the end-user.
About Mike McKiski
Manager and Co-Founder
A seasoned gaming industry executive and expert in building, marketing, and monetizing gambling related technologies, Mike McKiski currently serves as President of MaxBet Media, Inc., the digital media upstart delivering an unfiltered, authentic, and at times irreverent look at the people who are driving the gambling industry forward.
As he was founding MaxBet Media, Inc., McKiski worked for PlayAGS, Inc. (NYSE: AGS) serving as the company’s Vice President of Sales, with revenue responsibility for the Western United States and all of Canada. Under McKiski’s leadership the revenue team doubled in size and grew revenues over 300%. He is a market transformation catalyst who has been at the forefront of launching mobile and social marketing products for hundreds of casino operators across the continent.